Thursday, October 1

Fun Fings




Almost everyday when I put Paisley down for her nap Britt asks me, "now can we do fun fings (things.?)" He is 4 but ,does not actually attend preschool because my husband takes the one vehicle we have to work.  It usually doesn't bother me but, for this reason I wish we did have a second car, also when I need to take the kids to their Doctor appointments or just need to run a errand. 

I am always looking for learning tools for teaching Britt his preschool lessons and activites to make the time fun.  Britt loves sitting down with me and learning.  We have a bible lesson, learn numbers, practice writing, letter sounds, put puzzles together, usually do some sort of craft. and any other thing I come up with.  I really enjoy this special one on one time with Britt.  Sometimes I do secretly wish I was getting something else done while Paisley is sleeping but, to me this is far more important. 

Britt isn't learning the social skills he would learn in a classroom enviroment but, he has plenty of life ahead for that.  One big bonus to him staying home is that he and Paisley are barely ever sick.  I thank God all the time for healthy children. 

I am going savor these moments because my little boy is growing up and next year this time he will be in kindergarten.  I don't know if I am ready for that but, I am sure God will help me when the time comes.


Proverbs 3:5-6 (King James Version)


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

1 comment:

Punkin said...

Oh my, it will be a sad day for Meme too. We will have to be on school calendar's for 13 years.
But at least summer and christmas will be some vacation.
We love you Britt!!!!!
Meme and Papa