Tuesday, March 2

Update on Pregnancy

For those of you that haven't already heard, we had a little scare last week. I had been spotting light pink blood a little and was in contact with my Midwife. They told me that there was really nothing they could do but if I saw bright red blood to call them. Well, Wednesday morning around 1:30am I woke up to use the bathroom and saw bright red blood. I immediately called the number for my Midwife and a nurse answered and told me to go the ER. I started crying right away thinking this was the end of my pregnancy.

Adam drove me to the ER and I could feel my stomach tightening a little like a mild contraction(that never amounted to anything.) Admissions checked me in within 10 minutes, I got an IV put in my arm and then I sat back in the waiting room for another hour and a half. While I was waiting, I had used the bathroom and there was no blood anymore. I really didn't know what to think.

When I finally got to a room, the Dr. apologized for the wait and then told me they were going to do a bunch of tests as well as a sonogram and ultrasound. I then waited another 2 hours until they took me in the get my sonogram and ultra sound.

The lady talked to me on the way about how I already had 2 healthy kids. I guess she was preparing me for the worst. She did the ultrasound first but and didn't really say anything. Then she proceeded to do the sonogram. After about ten minutes of pretty painful routing around she turned the monitor and showed me a little heartbeat. That is all I could see at that point and said that I wasn't as far along and I had thought. Which was not a surprise to me since I didn't know exactly how far along I was except for being nauseous for the last 4 weeks.

I couldn't wait to get back to the room and tell Adam. He was happy but still wanted to hear what the Dr. had to say. They then took me for a internal exam and concluded that everything was fine except my potassium was a little low. The Dr. told me he was classifying this as an attempt to miscarry and that I may or may not carry this baby all the way through. He also, put me on bed rest until my Midwife said it was ok to move around as normal.

I am sitting here almost a week later with no symptoms. My next exam is scheduled for Friday morning so, I will give an update after that. Thank you everyone for all the prayers. I know they are helping.


The Traveling Turtle said...

I say a prayer for you every time your name comes to my mind. I am glad you are symptom-free now!

We love you!

Jenny said...

I will keep you in my prayers. You sound like you are in a positive frame of mind and having no symptoms. That should be a good sign.

The White Whimsies said...

Thank you both for your prayers. I really need them to keep a positive attitude through all this.

- Marci