Wednesday, December 2

Thanksgiving Recap



Sorry this post is a little late.  I have been so busy lately.  My Christmas shopping is almost done.  I just have a few more presents to buy and some stocking gifts so, my busyness paid off :-)

We visited Adams parents for Thanksgiving and the few days following it.  Thanksgiving dinnner was very yummy.  We all felt very sleepy after eating such a big meal.  Adam went to lay down for a little while and I soon joined him.  We stayed in bed until after 5:30pm.  After we woke up, we decided to go to the park with Britt and Paisley for a little while.  That was fun. 

I have never been shopping on Black Friday and I really wanted to try it this year.  We went to bed around 10:00pm and got up at 2:30am to leave for Panama City.  I never fell asleep that whole time.  I think I was just excited about our shopping trip and wondering what kind of deals we would get. 

It was a lot of fun and we got a few people's Christmas gifts.  Next time I go, I want to have a better plan.  Shopping on Balck Friday is all about the attitude you have.  If you go hoping you are going to get something but deciding that you aren't going to have a bad attitude if you don't get it, you will do fine.  Next time I go, I want to have more of a plan so, we can make the most of the day.

When we got back we tried to go to sleep for awhile.  Paisley had gone with us and slept the whole way home in the car so, needless to say she was not very tired.  Adam slept but I was not able to sleep until that night.  I felt so much better afer some sleep.

Saturday, we had a party for Paisley's 2nd birthday.  It was fun.  We had a Blues Clues theme (thanks to my Mom's co-worker.)  It was nice and very laid back.   We will have another small party on her actual bithday December 4th.  In the evening after the party, we all went to Papa Joes for some seafood.  Nanny treated us which was really sweet.  The food was really good.  I tried Adam's parmesan oysters and decided the next time I go I may get them too. 

Sunday Adam preached at his home church and then we all went to Nanny's house for lunch.  We had sandwiches, some sides and dessert.  It was all very good and a perfect meal because we were leaving afterwards to head back home.  We enjoyed visiting with everyone and then left to travel home. 

We got home that night around 7:00pm and had a very uneventful trip which was so nice. 


Papa and his girls



The best we could do for a group picture


Sweet Little Celie & Paisley



They didn't know what to do first.


Swinging around with Papa






1 comment:

The Traveling Turtle said...

Thanks for posting these. They are too cute.

you are right about the deals and not being too upset if you miss out on some of them. there are too many people after the same thing, it is just going to happen.