Monday, December 14

It's Almost Here!




It is hard to believe that in less than two weeks Christmas will be here. I feel prepared this year more than ever. Almost all of my shopping is done and I wrapped every gift I have bought so far including stocking gifts. Since I am the type of person that worries about getting things done, it makes me feel so free. We even put Christmas lights on the house which I have wanted to do for so long.

This past weekend Adam and I made a bunch of Christmas cookies for his work party, that is actually today and had a great time. The icing didn't turn out as I expected but it didn't matter, we just had fun spending time together which is something we don't get to do much. With two small children and other things in our lives we don't get the quality time with each other we once had. I miss that very much and it was so nice to have that back.

All of those things are important to me but not nearly as much as the real reason we celebrate Christmas, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Without Him I would have nothing. I feel so much comfort in knowing that my eternal place is with Him and that I can talk to Him any time of the day and He will listen and answer my prayer. It may not be exactly what I asked for but, it is what I need.

If you don't know Him you really don't know what you are missing. He is our magnificent Savior and He will save your life no matter what situation you are going through.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6


No comments: